our Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup shelled almonds
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 5 tbsp butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 180º F.
- Chop the almonds in a blender.
- Crack the eggs and transfer the yolks into the bowl of a stand-mixer. Transfer the whites to a different bowl.
- Add sugar to the stand-mixer bowl. Mix until the eggs and sugar are fully incorporated.
- Add the butter, lemon zest, and flour. Mix the batter and add the chopped almonds.
- In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and add to the batter little by little. Keep mixing.
- Grease a cake pan and pour in the batter.
- Decorate the top of the mixture with whole almonds and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of powdered sugar on top. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and grated lemon zest.