our Prosecco Superiore
Orange and Lemon Tart
For the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 9 tbsp butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 360º F.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean pod.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla seeds. Whisk to form the dough.
- Briefly and gently knead the dough, then roll and wrap it in cling film. Set it aside to rest as you prepare the filling.
- To create the filling, zest the lemon and orange in a small bowl. Then squeeze the juice from both fruits into a separate large bowl.
- Add the sugar and egg yolks and stir.
- Pour the mixture and zest into a pot. Cook over medium heat until it thickens.
- While the mixture cooks, roll the pastry dough out onto a floured surface and cut it into strips, each 1-inch wide.
- Butter 4-inch tart molds and line them with the rolled-out dough. Fill each with the orange and lemon filling.
- Bake the tarts in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle them with confectioner’s sugar and garnish with a lemon and an orange peel.