1 cup lentils
3 cups salted water
2 heads of mixed lettuce
Mixed seeds (sesame, sunflower, flaxseed)
1 tbsp of cumin powder
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Add lentils and salted water to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until they are tender.
- Strain them and leave to cool.
- Wash the lettuce, discard the tough leaves and cut the tender ones into thin strips. Peel the carrots and cut them into julienne strips using a mandolin.
- Put the lentils and vegetables in a bowl. Add the mixed seeds and cumin. Add salt, pepper and oil to taste and mix well.
- Serve the cold salad as a main course or a side dish.