our Pinot Grigio
Spaghetti and Clams with Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 lbs baby clams or cockles
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 4 cups spaghetti
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Coarse salt
- Rinse the clams and place them in a bowl with cold water and salt. Let them sit for 50 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic. When fragrant, mix in the clams and season them with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Grab two bowls. Shell half the clams and place them in one bowl. Place the fully shelled clams in another.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and pasta.
- Drain the pasta halfway through cooking. In a separate pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the pasta, clams, and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley to serve.