1 8 qt circular bucket (such as Cambro brand)
1 4 qt circular bucket (alternatively you could use a large water bottle, as long as wine bottle could fit inside)
Flowers or leaves. Save some extra for styling around your mold
A few heavy rocks or stones
- Fill the 8 qt bucket with 1 inch of water. Freeze for about 4 hours or until first layer is frozen.
- Fill smaller bucket or bottle with rocks and place inside the larger bucket. The rocks will keep it from floating as you fill the rest of the water.
- Fill the ice bucket up with water. Add flowers/leaves to water. Freeze overnight.
- Take out of the freezer. Run warm water around outside of the larger bucket and inside the smaller bucket to slide your ice mold out.
- Before setting it on a plate on your table, place a napkin or cork coaster underneath the bucket to keep it from sliding around.
Justina Blakeney is a designer and artist, and author of The New York Times best-selling book The New Bohemians. With a passion for color, pattern and plants, Justina and her design blog, the Jungalow®, have quickly become the go-to sources for bohemian design inspiration. For Justina, decorating is about feeling free, having fun and getting a little bit wild.