6 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup quinoa, rinsed with cold water
1 cup Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio
4 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
4 oz goat cheese
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced shallot and garlic. Cook until soft, 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and wine. Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the goat cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Top with bacon and serve immediately.