3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 lb scallops
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- To make the lemon butter sauce, melt 2 tbsps of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve scallops immediately with lemon butter sauce, garnished with parsley.