4-ounce piece of Parmesan Reggiano cheese (without the rind)
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves (reserve some leaves for garnish)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Grate the Parmesan using a medium size grater.
- Combine the Parmesan, flour and thyme in a bowl and mix well. With a measuring spoon, spoon level Tbsp. of the mixture onto the prepared sheet pans, spreading each round into a 2 1/2 inch disk.
- Toss the mixture each time and scoop from the bottom of the bowl to be sure to get flour in each spoonful.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until medium golden brown.
- Cool on the pans for 5 minutes, loosen with a metal spatula, then cool completely on a baking rack.
- Garnish with a few more fresh thyme leaves and serve immediately.