½ cup self-rising flour
2 cups walnut meal
7 oz figs
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp of honey
7 tbsp butter (additional needed to grease cake tin)
A pinch of salt
Walnut kernels to decorate
Powdered sugar to decorate
- Mix the flour and meal together.
- Wash the figs and cut them into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in microwave for a few seconds.
- Pour the butter into a large bowl, add the sugar, the honey and blend with an electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time while whisking. When the eggs are well blended and frothy, add the flour, a pinch of salt and continue to whisk.
- Add the figs, mixing gently with a spatula from top to bottom.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin and bake in an oven pre-heated to 180° F for about 40 minutes.
- Once the cake is ready, leave it to cool before removing it from the tin.
- Decorate with a dusting of icing sugar and some walnut kernels.