1 bottle Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé
2 cups diced, seedless watermelon
1 quart watermelon-rosemary sorbet (store-bought, or recipe and ingredients included below)
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
3 sprigs of rosemary
3 pounds seedless watermelon cut into cubes (about 10 cups)
½ cup lime juice
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons tequila
For the cocktail:
- Spoon a scoop of sorbet into the bottom of a chilled glass and top with a tablespoon or so of the watermelon cubes.
- Pour the Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé over the sorbet and melon.
- Garnish with mint. Serve immediately with a silver spoon.
For the sorbet:
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar, water, and rosemary to a boil. Remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature, then strain.
- Combine the rosemary syrup, watermelon, lime juice, and tequila in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet “granita-style” by putting it in the freezer and stirring every hour for five hours.
Purchase sorbet from a gourmet market instead of making your own.