2 cups fresh basil
½ cup walnuts
½ cup parmesan cheese
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ - ½ cup olive oil
½ lb shrimp
1 lb spaghetti
- Add basil, walnuts, cheese, garlic and spices to food processor.
- Blend until all ingredients are a fine texture. Slowly add olive oil, until desired consistency and thickness is reached.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, coat shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on grill or grill pan over medium heat 2 - 3 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and mix together with pesto. Top with grilled shrimp.