1 1/2 lbs Manila (or littleneck) clams, rinsed, scrubbed and cleaned
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup white wine
3 dashes cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped flat parsley
Crusty bread for dipping
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter and sauté the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add the clams into the skillet, and quickly toss around with the spatula.
- Add the wine, cayenne pepper and serrano peppers.
- Cover the skillet and let cook for 1 minute, or until the clams are all open. Add the lemon juice and parsley, stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with crusty bread. Use peppers and lemon wedges to garnish.