2 bone-in pork chops; trim away any extra fat
⅓ cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette – choose a low oil type or make a batch from scratch
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar, kept aside
2 tbsp butter
2 large shallot, thinly sliced
⅓ cup low-salt chicken broth
1 cup fresh tart cherries; pitted
- Coat pork in vinaigrette and allow to rest. Minimum 10 minutes up to 1 hour.
- In a pan melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium high heat.
- Sauté pork until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Set pork aside, covered.
- Add remaining butter to pan and melt. Add sliced shallots and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add stock, pitted cherries and the remaining marinade to the onions. Deglaze pan and bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add pork to the pan and simmer until cooked through - about 2 minutes per side. Check temp for doneness. Plate the pork chops and spoon sauce over to serve.
Note: If using sweet cherries - Taste test the sauce prior to adding pork and add extra balsamic vinegar to taste.