2 cups fresh cranberries
⅓ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
6 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken (any type)
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1½ tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp sweet paprika
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
½ cup chicken broth or water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Rub the chicken with minced garlic on both sides. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Combine the rosemary and paprika then apply to the chicken pieces on both sides and underneath skin.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp white wine vinegar. Add the chicken, celery, onions, and used lemon halves. Work everything together. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Brown both sides of chicken on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken, onions, celery, lemon halves and any liquid from the marinade in a lightly oiled baking pan. Add ½ tsp water or chicken broth, then add the sugared cranberries.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.