2 cups elbow or spiral pasta, cooked al dente
8 oz Fontina shredded
4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
8 oz mozzarella shredded
4 oz Smoked Gouda
3 tsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp chili pepper flakes
1 tsp dried thyme
4 tbsp sour cream
1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
¼ cup minced onions
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 2 ounces of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Toss cooked pasta and remaining cheeses in 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, chili pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and thyme. Add the sour cream, milk, half-and-half, and onions.
- Portion pasta into baking ramekins. Pour mixture over the pasta.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmigiano over the top.
- Bake 35 minutes. Add breadcrumbs, and bake an additional 10 minutes.