1 lb spaghetti
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
6 oz tomato paste
½ tsp crushed black pepper
¾ tsp crushed chili pepper
½ 8 oz can of black olives, rinsed and halved
½ jar 8 oz pitted green olives, rinsed and halved
2 tbsp of capers, rinsed
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
⅛ cup olive oil
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp shredded fresh basil
Salt to taste
- On medium setting, heat oil in a heavy, deep pan.
- Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and stir well. Add dry spices and herbs stir and bring the sauce to a simmer. Add olives and capers. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling water until just al dente.
- Drain and add to the sauce, mixing well.
- Serve garnished with uncooked capers and olives.