our Pinot Grigio
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2½ cups zucchini, diced
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup cream
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 160º F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced zucchini. Mix and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Remove the zucchini from the heat and add to a blender with the egg yolks, grated parmesan, ⅓ cup cream, and a piece of fresh thyme. Blend to form a batter.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk. Add the zucchini batter and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into small ramekin dishes and bake for about 60 minutes.
- While the quiche bakes, create the fondue. Heat the remaining ⅓ cup of cream in a saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes. Add the parmesan and stir. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the fondue from the heat and immediately spoon it onto serving plates.
- Remove the quiche from the ramekin dishes and place it atop the fondue. Drizzle it with fondue and garnish with thyme or zucchini flowers.